At Resolute Academy, our fifth to eighth graders can do anything they put their minds and hearts into. At our safe and deliberately small charter school, every child gets personalized attention, caring instructors, and a close-knit, high-quality academic environment that teaches and motivates each student as the individual they are.
This next generation of middle schoolers will be business leaders, scientists, social justice advocates, artists...and everything else they want to be. Resolute guides and nurtures those dreams, tuition-free. Here’s how:
1. Resolute Academy Charter School is a free, college preparatory, public charter middle school located in the Watts community of South Los Angeles. We are proud to be part of the fabric of the Watts community and we harness the hope and forward-thinking that abounds here. Our school is named Resolute because of this community.
2. Our mission is to equip students in grades five through eight with the academic foundation and strength of character necessary to excel in selective high schools and colleges.
3. Our core values are an acronym for Watts. These five core values drive our school success, together:
4. We believe that every student can learn and that literacy is the key to unlock lives full of opportunity and access. Resolute supports every learner including those with 504s and IEPs.
5. We hire amazing teachers. We are committed to high-quality, energetic teaching and to a positive school culture that is modeled by every member of our Resolute staff. Our teachers stay after school 2 days/week to support 1:1 learning, too.
6. We recognize different pathways to learning for every student in our smaller classes. We offer skill development and enrichment, reading and math intervention, tutoring, 1:1 after school teacher time and more. Extended time on task is key to mastering new concepts and we make sure every student gets the time they need.
7. Parents are our partners which is why we send weekly status reports home with every student. Resolute Academy offers parent workshops and is a resource for supporting adolescent children and community outreach.
8. We rally around the most important people in our lives - our students. They know what it means to be tenacious, thoughtful and strong young people. Our community circle, merit system and Scholar of the Week elevate behavior, attendance and effort.
9. Our students enjoy Art, Music and PE electives like basketball, volleyball, cheerleading and soccer.
10. Our Board Members are dynamic community members who give their time to help make our school the safe and nurturing learning environment that it is. They are an extension of our Resolute staff, focused on strong academics, engaging social and emotional health curriculum and positive, character-driven well-being for every student. Our free public middle school is robust, rigorous and representative of the futures our students deserve!
About Resolute Academy
Resolute Academy equips students in grades five through eight with the academic foundation and strength of character necessary to excel in school and in life. As a free, college preparatory, public charter middle school located in the Watts community of South Los Angeles, we are proud to be part of the fabric of the Watts community and we harness the hope and forward-thinking that abounds here. Enrolling grades 5-8 tuition-free today!